The good performance of a physical activity depends on some factors, and among them is the use of appropriate clothing and accessories. Tennis, for example, helps a lot in the prevention of injuries and in the comfort when exercising, being, therefore, indispensable so that the body does not suffer chronic problems with the passage of time.
THE IDEAL TECHNIS
The use of tennis in physical activities has as its main objective to minimize the consequences of the wrong tread on the ground and the overload generated by the impact of some exercises, thus avoiding accidents, injuries and fractures both in the feet and knees, hips and vertebrae. This is because this impact that the body suffers during physical activity is transmitted from the tips of the feet to the spine.
For this reason, in addition to the use of tennis being essential, it is necessary to always be attentive to the quality of its material. Below we list some characteristics that should be observed when choosing the ideal tennis for the practice of physical exercises:
- BACKGROUND: The tennis cushioning system helps reduce the impact on the joints according to the weight of the person’s body, avoiding possible joint injuries, especially on Tennis3tornozelos and knees.
At the time of choosing, the tennis should preferably be higher in the back, lower in the front and soft in both regions, so as to cushion the impact of the exercise.
- TRAÇÃO: In the footwear the traction is nothing more than the contact with the ground and the resistance to the slipping, or sliding, of the foot with the ground.
When choosing, we should always observe the sole of the tennis shoe. Soles with a soft rubber have more adherence to the ground, thus preventing the person from slipping.
- FLEXIBILITY: Related to internal comfort, flexibility is commonly used in activities that require certain elasticity to perform displacements.
By taking the tennis shoe in the hand and twisting it, we can analyze this softness.
- VENTILATION: A sneaker with good ventilation is also important for good performance and safety. It should have a good air intake, as well as a good sweat exit.
Waterproof sneakers are not good options for practicing physical activities, because there is no exchange of air inside, keeping the feet moist.
- DURABILITY: It is practically the duration that the material resists with the action of the time, as well as the depreciation during the execution of the sports practice.
If your sneakers already have worn out soles, it is a sign that it is time to change them for a new one.
- LIGHTNESS: It is basically the weight of the shoe, and the way that this weight can influence the final performance.
The lighter the shoe, the less you will feel it when you practice the exercise.
- STABILITY: The stability of the footwear is related to the neutralization of the type of step according to the activity exercised.
A stable tennis shoe is responsible for keeping the foot firm to the ground in any type of exercise.
Taking into account these characteristics, you can make a choice of the ideal footwear for each type of physical activity, and thus maximize sports performance and at the same time minimize the risk of injury.
WHAT’S YOUR FOOTSTEP?
The way you step changes a lot from one individual to another. In general, there are three different types of stepping: the Pronada, the Supinate, and the Neutral. They are determined from the anatomical characteristics of each one, such as, for example, the types of foot, knees and flexibility in the joints.
The Pronada step happens when the heel touches the ground and the foot writhes in, using the thumb to gain momentum, and only then straighten itself. Although a little pronation is necessary for the foot to function properly, too much can cause injury.
The Supinated Footstep is the opposite of the Pronade, and happens when the weight is applied to the outer edge of the foot during the exercise, picking up impulse with the outer part and the little finger. This type of foot requires a flexible tennis shoe, with good cushioning. The arch of the high foot is usually associated with supination.
In the neutral step the foot touches the ground supporting the outer part of the heel and moves slightly inwards, following in a straight line until the front part of the foot touches the entire ground.
To take the test and find out what your footprint is, place the wet feet of ink on a sheet of paper and observe the engraved print. Another option is to wet the sole of your foot and walk on newspapers. The image formed both on the sheet and in the newspaper will help you know how to step on it.
While it is possible to do these home tests, if you feel any kind of pain or discomfort, the best way to find the problem is to look for an orthopedist.
DO NOT SHARE YOUR TENNIS SHOES
Experts recommend that tennis should not be loaned to other people. This is because each person has different styles and characteristics such as weight, height, age, sex, body posture and type of stepping. With all these differences, the ideal tennis for one may not be ideal for the other.
HAVE MORE THAN ONE
Brazil is a country with a humid climate, so it is recommended that you have more than one tennis shoe for the practice of exercises. This way, it can dry well, before being used again, besides giving time for the cushioning to return to normal after the activities.